Tuesday, December 22, 2009

We have been busy!

I feel like I'm finally back! It always takes awhile for me to get back into a routine when I return home from California. And with this past trip being an especially long one, it seems it took me a little bit longer. But these past couple days I've been on FIRE! Let's see where to start? I finally got my cinnamon rolls to rise :) YES!! It's amazing what you can do with a good batch of yeast. So I made four batches to hand out to the neighbors, I wanted to be a little different this year. Who doesn't like a warm fresh batch of homemade cinnamon rolls? I forgot to take a picture, so you'll just have to imagine :) Go ahead I'll wait.
Last night I finally got around to making this amazing recipe for tortilla soup. You must make some for yourself you will not be disappointed. Here's a picture of mine.

Go here to make your own. YUM.

I have also always wanted to make a batch of her homemade BBQ sauce, so I did that too. I used this recipe, but I didn't have any peach preserves so I substituted with some apple jelly I had in the fridge, and oh was it good. I plan I using it on some of the chicken I got from WalMart for 99 cents while my moms here later this week.


Last week Izzie helped her daddy decorate both our Christmas trees, we have one upstairs and one downstairs. She was trying to smell the lights as Tim was putting them on the tree. It made me laugh so hard, it is so much fun having a 2 year old around...most of the time.


She was really proud of her tree, plus she just cannot pass up a photo opportunity.

I hope your holiday preparations are going well, and that this post finds you and your family happy and healthy because...... it's almost Christmas!!!!!

1 comment:

The Dean Family said...

These are the BEST cinnamon rolls I ever had! Great job Nicole! & thanks!