Tuesday, November 3, 2009

We have decided to move back to California.

As most of you know, I am still out here in California, our two week vacation quickly turned into an extented stay when my Dad passed away the day before we were supposed to go home. I am dealing pretty well I think. As best I can I guess. My Dad and I haven't always had the best relationship, but it had slowly been getting better ever since I got married in 2000. And when I had Izzie in 2007, I think the relationship was totally healed , I was really at peace with where we were as father and daughter. It is so true what they say, you never really know what it's like or what it takes to be a parent until you become one yourself. For the first time in my life I started appreciating what my Dad could give me, and stopped being upset with what he couldn't give me. He was truly a great grandpa, and seeing him in grandpa mode helped me remember the good times we had growing up, back before things got really complicated. I am so grateful, although it was very hard to watch, that I was able to be with him until the very end. As difficult as it has been, I feel truly blessed that we were still here in California.
Tim, Izzie and I are trying to make the best of our extended stay here and enjoy the California sun while we can. Tim will continue to work from his parents house and go into his office in Anaheim Hills when he can. My dad made us promise months before he died (not that he needed to ask), that we would help my mom with the finances and anything else that my mom might need when he passed away. There is a much bigger mess there than we ever thought there would be, so I think our stay here will be long. We are quickly finding out that you need a death certificate to do anything, and I mean anything, and that can take a minimum of 15 days to get one! I am so grateful that Tim is willing and able to take care of my mom and my family, he is truly the best husband ever! I will keep you all posted on how we are doing, thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes. We miss you Utah :(
And Tiff, I was just kidding about the moving back bit, hee hee.


1 comment:

The Dean Family said...

You scared me!( I am glad you are not really moving) It sounds like a lot of work, & you mom is lucky to have you!